I know I know….man’s been away for so long, can’t even find the perfect excuse to give other than I’ve been finding and creating my life. However, I trust that y’all have been finding life very exciting especially as so much has happened already in the first 2 weeks of 2018.
This blog post is over due as social media craze didn’t just start neither does it ever reduce . It’s always on the increase.
IDEAL SOCIAL MEDIA MEMBERSHIP .
This was one of the topics addressed by Fashion blogger , movie costumer and entrepreneur Desola Mako at the Exhale Woman Christmas edition of SLAYCADEMY. If you follow my social media, you’re already familiar with the “Exhale Woman” initiative.
What is social media and what is it meant for?
Social Media as the name implies is different and various medium of socializing. And to socialize means to integrate with your peers, older ones, colleagues, business tycoons, celebrities and basically diverse human beings.
Social Media is for socializing, integrating, advertising, giving information and keeping in close contact with people across borders. The above mentioned can be further broken down into different positive things that social media can and should be used for.
Over the years, these uses of social media have been sidelined, forgotten, misused and exchanged with cyber bullying and all sorts of online shuddering.
But this blog post is not intended to shed light on the various forms of social media negativity . Instead, we’re here to discover what ideally should be our mandate for being members of any social media application.
Building a profile on social media is serious business. This is in few words, giving the whole world a ticket to being a part of your journey whether private or public. Your profile is an encapsulation of who, what, how and where you are in life. How you choose to portray it is solely your business. However, you may choose to learn from top social media creatives , celebrities or your mentors. In that light, one must not confuse getting inspired with copy and pasting. Regardless of likes and comments, building your profile should do the things mentioned below:
1. Post pictures of yourself owning your beauty, skin and style. Preferably clear and pleasing to the eyes.
2. Infuse interesting or not so captions that give people an insight on how you are character and humor wise.
3. Advertise your brand whether it is a private or public business. You just never know who needs what your brand has to offer and who wants to be a blessing to it. And even if you don’t have a brand, you may choose to advertise what you are known for or good at even if you are a “9-5” er or student.
4. Celebrate your family and friends as well as support them. It puts you ahead of others.
5. Don’t get High on likes and comments however appreciate them as they come.
….to be continued.
Whoop whoop!!! If you’re still reading, you’re the real MVP. And congratulations coz now you know whether you’ve been doing it right or wrong. This is just one area of ideal social media membership. Let me know what your thoughts are before we continue tomorrow.
Goodnight guys! #mondaysareforlearning